One of the first areas to address when you’re preparing your home for a spring sale is your property’s exterior appearance because this is the first thing that buyers will see (in person and online). It also speaks volumes to buyers about the sellers pride of ownership and conveys an implied level of care and maintenance for home and property.
- Time invested in perking up the grass, primping the flower beds and simply adding a fresh layer of mulch is time well spent. Remove any debris gifted to you by Old Man Winter.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to wood surfaces to brighten them up and pay special attention to the front door.
- Update exterior house numbers and front door hardware. Buyers love shiny things. Clean the exterior of all windows and exterior lights.
- Clean out eavestroughs and inspect their overall state of repair.
- Add some spring flowers to planters and urns around the front door and walkway.